Sunday, June 6, 2010

BASB Get Framed Challenge


Denise really came up with a winner of a challenge this time. It was to use a frame or design something with a frame around it, whatever your interpretation of a frame is basically. I loved this challenge and ended up making three pages from it. And two of them were each made in one day. That's pretty major for me : ) Thanks Denise. I knew I loved you - reason 233 - you make awesome challenges. I told her I was going to put a dedication photo of her on my blog so this just might push me to get that done too.

This page is about Adam for Father's Day. I noticed I have a few pages on my "job" and me as a mom but nothing about his job or hobbies so I had to remedy that and the Joyland kit from Studio Calico seemed perfect. The woodgrain paper was from another Studio Calico kit and I made sure he knew how special he was to get that coveted paper. So the subject is about him starting a mineral business (natural gas) as a mineral broker. He had no experience in this and was just fascinated by how it all worked and jumped right it and he loves it. The only thing is - he's always on the phone! Or sending a text. But really I don't mind, I just like to give him a hard time.

4 comments:

  1. What cool layouts! You did do an amazing job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this layout, friend! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool page--love the woodgrain! Must have been before my SC time. Love the J Crew finds in the post below, too! And thanks for the sweet comment about my card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all the others in that this is one super dooper awesome layout. I know I already told you that, but it is always a good thing to say it more than once. I have to tell you I keep going back to your layout - not only to see the gorgeousness, but to look at how you displayed items on the shelf. It's pretty certain that I need you to come take care of my shelving. Oh heck...just be my interior designer.

    Oh and no need for a shrine...my head is quite big enough already. LOL!

    ReplyDelete