Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day in the Life of Zane


So this was a page about a typical day in my son's life. I guess the most memorable thing about this day, for me, was that he was so very extremely excited when I showed up at the playground to take photos of he and his friends. They were all running and I could hear his little voice carrying all over the playground, "hey look guys, it's my mom, hey guys, my mom's here," over and over. But the kids were just being kids and running carefree and weren't listening to him. So I got inside the fence and he came over to me and I said I wanted to take some pics with is friends. He tried to rally them around, but still, they were running wild. So I said, well, let me just take a few of you first. He got on the big toy and had the saddest look on his face. He was so disappointed. He just looked off in the distance and didn't smile. A few of the kids ran by and I called a few of them by name and asked them if they would like to be in a picture with Zane and they were all so happy to get in and pose for me. And then, you should have seen the look on his face - he was beaming with pride. I don't know why that touched me so, but it did. I didn't include the photo on this page of him with the kids cause i didn't want to put other people's kids online, but I did put it across this page on the facing page in his book.

This was also the day we got P.F. Changs and ate it outside on a blanket since our kitchen was being painted. He loved that too. He said we loved food from China where people eat with sticks. Then he asked if we could "take our lunch break" outside again soon.

And I found out today I'm going to have two pages published in Scrapbook Trends April issue!

2 comments:

  1. I love this story. What a sweetie he is, so excited that you were there. He wanted to show you off. That is the cutest. Awesome layout. I love the die cut strips on the left side. Is that die cut paper or paper edges or something else? Very cool. Love that you documented his day. This will be a cool remembrance as he grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Pub Briana!
    This page is gorgeous and the story is so sweet. I get so sad when I think kids in my son's school are not being nice - so I understand the heartbreak. So happy your guy had his proud moment!

    ReplyDelete