Sunday, November 7, 2010

Her Little Blankie page


I made this page using Jenni Bowlin's October kit. This is about Ava's little yellow blanket. This blankie was a baby shower gift for our first child but he didn't need it. When Ava started sucking her thumb I decided to try and give her the blankie and see if that would comfort her enough to stop using her thumb so much. Yeah, you're right ; ) it didn't. But it did give her a very very special friend. This blankie has been everywhere: in the car seat each time, to mother's day out, to the grocery store, on vacation to Six Flags or anywhere else, riding along in the stroller, to McDonald's, just outside eating an ice cream sandwich, always had to be on the back of the high chair when she sat in one, stuffed into cabinets and hidden in toys, and of course, each nap and bedtime. The little yellow blankie isn't so yellow anymore but more like cream. I had a blankie I used FORever - way too long in fact, like beyond toddlerhood. Zane still has his blankie as well but he leaves it at home now. Just a little sentimental topic I guess.

5 comments:

  1. oooh... this is so pretty, briana! love the colors! (we have a couple of well loved blankies here too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that page is so cute... love the yellow paper since the blankie is yellow. my little sister had a yellow blankie that my grandma eventually PAID her to stop carrying around (it was more like grey instead of yellow at that point). love the way you did the title, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable! Love how you used and embellished the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout! Love that you recorded her love of her blankie. I think still possibly sleeps with his blanket. The last time I saw it it was about 6 inches by 5 inches. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page! My girls were blanket girls too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete