Sunday, March 20, 2011

JBS March Kit

Here's three pages I made with the March kit. I got two days all to myself over spring break while the kids stayed at their grandparents - so, this is what I did.


This is my grandma in 1941, her first grade photo.


I didn't really know where I was going with this one. But I do like the banner flower and I really like these photos of us together - self portraits : ) This may get another little red heart on the right side next to the silhouettes - I can always tell what my pages need better after I have them all photographed and put online - annoys the dog outta me.

This last one is about how my grandma and grandpa didn't have enough time together before he was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. He was only 23 when it happened. My grandma is a strong lady. They had my dad, who was three at the time of the accident. But before that they had a 9 month old baby who died and when Kenneth was killed she was pregnant at the time. That baby was stillborn. So my grandma lost 3 people in her family in about 2 years. She's been a farmer pretty much her entire life (she is the oldest of 8 kids) and was a teacher for 40 years. She's a special lady. But she remarried a special man of whom I am very thankful for. It's too bad this photo is a little blurry but it's so important in telling their story.

5 comments:

  1. Memories! Good thing the picture of your grandma never looked faded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how precious are those layouts? Especially the ones with your grands. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a story. Your grandma is an amazing person. I cannot imagine her grief during that time. What a beautiful way to capture their life in that layout! I need to scrap some old pics. I have them ready...just need to figure out how I'm going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these for different reasons, but the last one is my fave just because of the idea behind it. I always do that after theyre photographed too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got goosebumps looking at your layouts. They are fabulous. Beyond fabulous. I need to channel you on my scrapping. I love that you mentioned seeing what needs to be changed after photographing your layouts. That is me, too. I love that we are twins. :o)

    ReplyDelete