Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pretty stuff around the house today


Most rooms are kind of kid/toy trashed. Once a week I get it absolutely all picked up. But two days later it's a sea of toys again, except for my dining room, one of my favorite rooms. When we moved in our house had been in foreclosure before we got it and the light fixtures had been stolen. It took me a year to find the perfect chandelier but I finally did. Every single day I look at it it makes me happy, very happy. All I need is a rug now but I'm just as picky about that as I was about the chandelier. And some stuff on either side of the mirror, maybe just white plates. Adam just recently surprised me with the mirror. He knew I wanted it and when I decided it wasn't going to happen I threw the catalog in the trash. Adam got the catalog out later and ordered it for me. Did I mention he's the best? Wait til I tell you what he did for me for Valentine's day.


The other photo is my grouping of vintage frames and botanicals mixed with a tole tray and two of those sweet little floral photos like those silhouette ones you see so often. Two of the prints came from ebay for 3.00 a piece but one of them is pretty old supposedly, around mid 1800s, and it was 20.00 on ebay. So, this is my decorated mantle for spring (guess I need to take the metal "Merry Winter" sign down, lol).

8 comments:

  1. Your dining room is gorgeous! I like the idea of white plates on the side of the mirror. It would look stunning against the paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your dining room floor!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, you blow me away with your skills. Your dining room is gorgeous. Both the chandelier and the mirror scream your name. Perfect. You know what I like the best? It dawned on me just now that you scrap like you decorate. Roll with me. This is a compliment. You're not one of those cookie cutter designers. When I see a layout of yours I know it is yours due to the vintage feel mixed with modern. It's unique and beautiful and I want to be like you, but only you could design it. I get the same feeling when I look at photos of your home. It's just awesome and one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your dining room. i can't even say what i love most... the table, the mirror, the chandelier, your mantle, all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my wow! Love your dining room! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving that dining room! the chandelier is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wiping the drool off my chin now...that dining rooms is gorgeous. What is that color on the walls - I adore it. You chandelier and mirror are beautiful (your hubby is awesome!) Hope you'll post when you find your somthing for the walls!

    ReplyDelete