Monday, April 25, 2011

My Scrapbook Room

Welcome to my scrapbook room tour. I still need to do a few things like make a slipcover for my chair and get some curtains - but this is it right now. It's in what I call the attic room, you may call it a bonus room, but it has strong eaves and wall storage was an issue with those low walls. My husband and I installed floating shelves along the long but short wall and that worked out really well. I keep all my kits in super big zip locks hung by skirts/pants hangers in the little closet, an idea I got from the CK board. Most all the furniture in my room came from Ikea except for the floating shelves which came from Lowe's. Lighting is also an issue in this room. There is only central light. So we put in those small lights for bookcases/artwork from Ikea on the walls to wash down onto the frames, desks, and a bookcase (on my one small regular height wall, that is not shown here because it is not tidy right now : ) I keep all my paper in there in vertical cropper hopper holders, each with a label: Christmas, Fall/Halloween, Specialty, polka dots, Jenni Bowlin, Newest Paper, Studio Calico, Glitter, etc. If I get some sunshine tomorrow I will add it. I also used two tier metal stands like you organize medicine bottles or something in your kitchen cabinets to display the punches and wood mounted stamps.





This three tier stand is from Pottery Barn. The large jar is from Target.



 This is my Thickers storage. I was so excited when I figured out they fit perfectly in this drawer in my Ikea cabinet.



Thanks for checking it out! Check back soon and I will show my smaller containers and how they are organized, like all my little vintage stuff and buttons, twine, etc. Just got to get a little sunshine!

Edited to add: okay, got some detailed storage pics added. See Scrapbook Room Part 2.


Edited to add: Seam Binding Storage

Project Life Storage
The back white divided container is from Target and unfortunately I was only ever able to find that at one Target in my city and surrounding suburbs. They are in the office organization area. The front container is a very basic tackle box/craft box type organizer you can find anywhere pretty much - but get the ones with removable/repositionable inserts. I used an insert in every available slot for the smaller tid bits. Note: the white container is very similar to the one pictured directly above, same story with Target and that one as well.

This is my new ribbon storage. I have it suspended from a black floating shelf on a curtain rod - a traverse rod and instead of mounting the base of the rod on the wall (which is how it's supposed to be) we mounted it under the shelf so there would be more room for the ribbon to hang straight and not be pushed up against the wall. I used the Ribbon Ring storage system for my ribbon and trim. I bought a combo of regular and jumbo plastic pieces. I like to see my ribbon all loose and dangling vs. on the roll so this worked out really well for me. The shelf and the rod both came from Lowe's. As you can probably tell the clips move left and right easily. And if you want to take a certain ring to your table to mix and match ribbons to your project all you have to do is unclip the silver ring. It's a good system!

37 comments:

  1. this is totally fab, briana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you room! And now I am climbing off my fence and ordering the PB stand - I've had it in and out of my cart so many times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful in every way Briana. You are a lucky woman! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! You are so lucky! I would love a Thickers drawer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your scraproom! It looks so organized, and I'm jealous of your washi tape and mists :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great room! Fabulous! Thanks for the sweet comment over in the SCMG on my Elton John layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is incredible!
    You are so lucky! It is awesome. I am figuring it isn't always this tidy... or is it?
    I actually came by to say thanks for your sweet comment on my LO at 2Ps.
    I made the photo collage using Picasa. Super easy and fast.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I love it. I am in the process of redoing my own room and documenting it on my blog (http://www.layoutaday.com) and I have made more than one trip to Ikea. :) Love the idea of the pants hangers. Right now I have kits in envelopes but stored in a big basket. I would love to see them hung up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just wanted to say that i love your scrap room!! it's so pretty and functional! also what a great punch collection you have! they are my favorite go to tool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You space is incredible! Thank you for sharing with all of us. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I think my favorite thing is that it's not perfect...as in your supplies look like they are used and loved...you can tell it's a space where someone creates and isn't just good at organizing pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seattlestamper - I do take that that as a compliment indeed! It's funny that you can tell that just by looking at my scrap area. My first goal was to organize the things i need and be able to get to them quickly without digging around. I wanted it too look organized but I definitely didn't want it all hidden cause then I forget about it! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you shared your space with us. I have a cute white 3 tier cupcake stand. I love it but wished it turned so I can find things easily. I noticed under your metal one you have a wood turntable. I think my problem is solved.
    I also like the tier shelves your punches and stamps are on. I have a hard time storing my punches. I don't like them in a basket that you have to rumage through to find the one you want. I have them neatly arranged in drawers so I can find the punch at a glance. But having them in drawers seems to be a waste of space. I think your shelves are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am absolute awe of your room and all your stuff, it is just absolutely stunning!!!! If I had a designated room to scrap in, I would want it to be just like yours!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. good grief...I just found you via pinterest:) I LOVE your space...I use the pant hanger storage method...thanks for all the wonderful inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful room!!! Thanks for sharing spotlights!! Love the Thickers drawer!! :) Hugs, Jules:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in awe of your organization. I linked to you from Dollar Store Crafts today: http://wp.me/p1voR8-50s

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think what I love most about your spaces is that you do a lot of things; scraping, stickers, stamping, etc, and have a sewing machine in there too and it all goes well together. I am a huge multi-crafter and trying to fit it all in one room has been a challenge. Thanks for some great ideas and for sharing such a beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When can I move in? lol Your space is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. an amazingly fabtabulous absotively posilutely awesome crafting room........I love it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky Girl!! I don't know a girl who wouldn't want your crafting loft!! love it. Craft on!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am inspired to reorganize the sewing,scrapbooking room. I love the idea of hanging paper and projects. I want them more visible and this should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. awww this is awsome beautiful crafting rum

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your room! That's for the great ideas and inspiration! I was wondering where the sideboard with the drawers is from? It looks like awesome storage.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lisa, thanks for your compliment! That sideboard came from Ikea about 2.5 years ago and it was on close out so I don't think it's there anymore but they may have something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome room! My favorites are the floating shelves, the Pottery Barn tiers, and your Martha Stewart punch solution. Love that!

    Please tell some of the things you have stored in the clear boxes on the shelves. Hearing details is sometimes all it takes to help a fellow crafter better corral her supplies. ;-)

    Great room and ideas! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for the pics. I too am in the attic. My room is about 8x9 and has two slanted ceilings with double window on one end and the door and closet on the other wall. No full walls for storage so it is a mess and drives me crazy! I love the floating shelves. I haven't found those yet. thanks again for the ideas!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh wow! in my dreams i have that much room to scrap. hopefully one day i'll have a room i can devote just to crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I currently have all my scrapbooking stuff CRAMED into a drawered rubbermaid container on wheels (mainly pictures and papers) and all my stickers and embelishments in boxes. All of this gets stuffed into a corner of a closet. Do you have any creative space saving tips for storing the 12x12 paper? This would allow for me to put my embelishments back in the container, or get more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wish ikea still carried those white cabinets you have. :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am brand new to this site.....just heard of it and wanted to say I love your craft room....just starting to organize a craft room for my self....you have given me lots of ideas especially the hanging of the pages in progress

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an amazing room! Super inspiring!
    Love all of your white IKEA storage pieces, and your boxes of little tid bits and paper bits and bobs is so so enticing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Briana I love your room! I'm a new follower & wanted to say that I'm featuring your room/blog on a craft room post for www.CraftStorageIdeas.com for 4/29/13.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Incredible room Briana. Really amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    Scrapbooking Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow!! Beautifully you manage the space. I like the creativity, excellent work you did.
    Spellbinders

    ReplyDelete