Thursday, June 30, 2011

Scrapbook Room, Organization, Part 2


So here are a few more photos of my scrapbook room. I store my twine in these ceramic and milkglass dishes. It looks pretty and it's easy to get, use, and throw back in there. I just got a ton of new vintage seam binding ribbon off ebay as you can see. I also have a stash of vintage wallpaper border rolls displayed in the glass vase.  I am obsessed with wallpaper. 


This is how I organize all my little vintage bits and bobbles. I'm not really a fan of plastic storage, but sometimes it just works the best and you just gotta go with it. I have the little openings kind of sorted by color or type. I have four of these stacked on the floating shelves. And most of this delicious stuff came from ebay.


This is another one of those not so pretty but pretty functional plastic things. Brads and buttons are my fave embellishment and I wanted all the brads together, standing, not falling all over the place, where I could quickly see what I might like to use. 


This is something I am kind of excited to show you. These are the containers I had to make a quick dash into Ikea for last time we were road tripping in Dallas. These are found in the kitchen section and come in three sizes. Two are shown here, the more flat size and then the double thick ones I have shown on the end. So this is how I like to store my buttons, by color. Aren't these the best? They're pretty for clear plastic with the cream top/trim and you can see in through all sides and on the top. And they would go with either a vintage or modern kind of room.


Here's what they look like from the top. And they work so well too with the fold down handles. These are not available online, unfortunately. 

This is just kind of a little thing - this is how I store my newest kit (for the record, I don't like the metal thing, that's temp). I like to do it this way because I can pick it up and carry it all over the house like if my family is downstairs. It looks nice too especially since I like to leave it out on my kitchen island sometimes. When I've used it a little and the next kit comes, then it goes into the super big zip lock, on the pants hanger, into my scraproom closet where I can go kit shopping later : )


So this little cabinet came from Ikea. It's called Alex (see below). I used to have all my punches and wood mounted stamps in this until I moved them to the floating shelves. Now this gets the mismatched punches, misc. ephemera, and wallpaper samples. Every craft room needs one of these. I would have more if I had the space.


So this one is pretty self explanatory : ) Alphabet stickers in an old crate.  If you look closely you can see some dang old stickers back there that I just can't make myself part with. 


This is one thing I really enjoy organizing my stuff in. I bought two of these jewelry organizers for my vintage jewelry and decided to use one in my scraproom instead for all the little stuff I don't want to forget about that I would normally store in my little, metal, cream Ikea filing cabinets (those are called Helmar, see below).  It hangs on the end of my bookcase. The black bookcase is where I store all my cardstock and patterned paper in vertical cropper hopper containers, each with a label. Had a pic, now I can't find it, but you get the idea.

These are the pieces I have from Ikea that I really like (images from Ikea):




I have three of these lined up next to each other, tucked under one end of my table. Also available in red. They also sell plastic organizers to go in the drawers. Since I have three of these I have a drawer for each color (little stuff), one for tags, and a few for holidays. 

I know how we all love to look at scrapbook spaces so I hope you enjoy the second part of my scrapbook room tour : )

18 comments:

  1. Look at how organized everything is! And I love your twine storage! They look so pretty out in the open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u know what i love most? your twine collection! :P and the kitchen containers from IKEA.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your dishes of twine and bits! you have some great storage :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your storage. And I love those drawers. Awesome. I think I may need to get a few of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love to see scrap spaces - and yours does not dissapoint! Love how you store in the milk glass. I have open glass containers like the one your borders are in (what a fun collection that is!) - I got them in a set of 3 at Ikea - originally intended for my dining room but I hijacked them for my desk. Love the big wide opening at the top. Thanks for sharing Briana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those drawers you got from Ikea. I thought I had quite a few buttons but you blow me away! The twine looks so pretty in the milkglass. Thanks for sharing your scraproom with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pure eye candy! I cannot wait to set up my scrap space again. Such great ideas, Bri. Show us more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some great storage, but oh my all that beautiful twine in the beautiful dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this peek into your space - it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am insanely jealous. Your scrap space is INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is GORGEOUS. it seems that you and i have VERY similar taste...i just know we would be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so impressed! I hope to have something even half as great as this one day! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your space! Hope I'm half as organized as you, one of these days... (and, I could absolutely *live* at IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, that was an awesome part 2. Wish I would have waited on my question from Part 1. I had just asked what some of the things were in the clear boxes and this post cleared some of that up. LOL

    Love the Ikea stuff! I am sure those Ikea cabinets and drawer units are invaluable in storing your terrific stash. I may have to talk someone with a pickup truck (ahem, my dh) into making a run for me soon to the Atlanta Ikea (it's the closest one to me). ;-)

    Thanks again for sharing your awesome room! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where do you get the pant hangers? I actually use them for my pants. I had a lot and when we moved from Texas some how they got lost. Love your room I am planning my room make over and have been checking everyone's rooms and looking for best prices for what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Briana, I love your room! Great organization ideas, which leads me to say that I would love to feature this at www.craftstorageideas.com later this month. I will use a few of your photo's and link back to your blog. I didn't find a copyright notice on your blog, so if this is a problem, please email me asap at pinkdalmationscrapper.blogspot.com Thanks! Cicily

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you by any chance know the name of those clear plastic storage containers from IKEA? I can't seem to find them and am trying to figure out if they are still made.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your room. You have great organisational skills! I have the Helmar drawer unit, (mine has 7 drawers), which is very useful. I would be interested to know how you use your wallpaper border rolls?

    ReplyDelete