Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Our Grandma" layout with JBS Haven





I love this piece of cherries paper from Jenni Bowlin Studio. It's from the Haven line. This page was made using the June JBS Mercantile kit which included many things from that line. I wanted to make something with that piece of paper and as I looked at it, it reminded me of my grandma because she made my daughter the most beautiful applique cherries quilt a little over a year ago. I embroidered the cherries because I thought that would give them a little extra pop and because it reminded me of something she would do and like. I used three colors of red on the cherries.

I wondered if I had any photos of them simply being together and I came across this one that I had taken of them using my grandma's camera and printed it off. The title and journaling are about how she is both of our grandma's - but in different ways. My grandma raised me and so even though she was like a mom, she was always "Grandma," and now she's grandma to my daughter as well. I talk about how she raised me and now she is helping me to raise my daughter. Even at her age, she still tries to do things like someone 15 years younger than her would do. I think she wants to spend all the time with my kids she can. They still go to her house to play and they still spend the night occasionally. My grandma is really the best. I'm glad I have this page now.

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty papers. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and moving layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the red in that page. It makes it.
    You are rocking the JBS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout!!Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It is so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty. and meaningful.
    jenni is so lucky to have you on her team!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this on so much! i'm not sure how to describe it, but i'm loving this trail of squares thing you've been doing lately. -doris

    ReplyDelete