Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Thank You" card set for a friend


Today I have a thank you card set to share with you all. My friend, Greta, has a little daughter who has been in the hospital and she could really use some thank you cards (and prayers) to send to her friends and family who have been there for them during this difficult time. I'm not really a card maker but I tried my best. I'm pretty pleased with the way these turned out. I tried not to over-think it because, like I said, I'm not used to cards. I went with a red, yellow, white, and aqua color scheme. The card with the typewriter and the aqua beads were store bought but then I added a few embellishments to make them a little more special and to add the thank you sentiment. The yellow card is a silhouette die cut. The smaller thank you stamp is by Paper Trey Ink. Stickers by Basic Grey, Studio Calico, and October Afternoon. Thanks for checking it out.

11 comments:

  1. I think it's ok to call yourself a cardmaker now ;). These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are GORGEOUS. i agree with jamie! love the color scheme...i need to do this and soon!

    hey...are we meeting up in tulsa? did you get the last email i sent you? if not, let me know i'll resend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - love the colours here! This is fantastic! I also love the way you tied them up as a gift like that. Gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Briana, you did an amazing job on these for Greta. I know she'll love them, they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did i miss this post??? thesr are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Briana! Greta is going to love these (or already does). I agree with Jamie's posting saying you can now call yourself a card maker. Wow....you are a superb card maker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cards, They look really very colorful and the one with button designs look really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. every time I received or even saw cards, it always end up with a smile on my face. I really dont know what's in it that can put smile to every person.

    ReplyDelete