Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gone Junkin' Mini Album for JBS October






I made this using Jenni's project kit. Hey, look how my shirt matches the My Mind's Eye striped paper! Only a scrapbooker could get so happy about something like that : ) But I do admit telling myself to wear something with fall colors that day! Anyway, this kit is sooo cool. You can use the album horizontal or vertical. I chose to distress the cover or mine but I thought it would look so pretty painted solid cream too. I painted my cover black and brown then sanded it off, then used a brayer to paint dark yellow then light gray. I used a brayer because I didn't want to lose those dark wood grain lines I had made with the black/brown paint. But since they were a little too bold I used some mist and metallic spray paint to soften them a bit. If you would like to read more about it, click here, to visit my gallery. And check out the other designers' galleries if you haven't yet (but I know you probably have if you're reading here) - so inspiring!

Other JBS products I used but aren't included in the kit are: black doilies, lace stamp, & the label stamp set.

6 comments:

  1. briana, i was admiring this in the jbs gallery. it is such a gorgeous mini. i can not wait to get mine.
    p.s. thanks so much for all of your lovely comments! great to be chatting with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go junkin' with you. Yes, I'm pouting while saying that. Your mini is stellar. Love how you wore fall colors. I do stuff like that, too. However, you actually scrap your photos and I...well...don't. HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great project Briana. This mini album has a nice LO. The pages have great styles. You ROCK girl!

    ReplyDelete