Wednesday, November 2, 2011

JBS Mercantile November Layouts



November kits are on sale at The Mercantile! Here's my layouts. I guess if I had to pick a fave from my gallery it would be this one. Or maybe the one with the new stamps. Hmm, lol, can't pick. I super loved this kit. So this was made using mostly the main kit and the silver leaves are from Antiquarian. I cut the large white scallops with my Silhouette. Red buttons from my stash. I misted just a little charcoal mist on the black patterned paper to soften it just a little for this layout.


This is my other favorite. I used Spellbinders dies to cut the frames. The little boy and girl silhouette stamps are exclusive to the kit. This was made using all the main kit except the white background paper is from the project kit last month because I wanted to use white but with just a hint of pattern. Journaling done vertically with a typewriter talking about the differences in their personalities.


This is a layout using mostly the main kit again but the die cuts are from Artisan. I love those letter stickers! The snowflake was created using Silhouette. This is about the snowstorm we experienced on my son's first birthday. We don't get lots of snow where I live so there was something kind of magical about that storm and celebrating his first year at the same time. Several of our friends and family got out and braved the weather to make it to our house . There were snow drifts piled up all the way around the house. Good memories : )

This was made using all three kits. And it was hard to photograph! Lots of cream, white, silver, clear - hard to get no reflections, not have the leaves look blown out, not have the white look too dull or too bright, ugh, you can tell I'm picky about that stuff. Anyway, my fave part about the layout is the combo of the silver leaves with clear buttons - just reminds me of winter and snow on hollies.



Well, I kinda like this one too ; ) This was made using mostly Antiquarian. I cut the family word with my Silhouette as well as the "flower" medallion. I used bakers twine and red burlap string stuff to bring a little more interest to the title work.

And finally, I have this layout. I was trying to do the clean white space thing. Not sure how I feel about me and that style. I can tell you after this was photographed it got changed, lol. Like with embroidery and scallop punch down the side. I am crazy about the medallion though. This was mostly from the project kit but the patterned paper for the medallion was from the main and the milk cap was from Antiquarian. And really, the photo does shine here and I like that a lot.

      
This was a simple project I made using old, little glass bottles I had displayed in a big bowl on my table. I thought the labels would be so cute on there and just easy and cute. The pic is kind of deceiving because you can't really tell how small they are but it would be easy to use some wire, like hot wire if you're from Okla., lol, and string them on a garland by wrapping wire around each bottle neck.

So that concludes my JBS Mercantile layouts for today. I hope to have a few more for galley updates on the 10th. Thanks for checking in!

Oh wait, one more. I love an overall shot of all the stuff I made with a kit. And you can see a little how that one layout was changed:

8 comments:

  1. briana, each one is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are just perfect. Especially like the top one, the reds, blacks, design. Very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about some show stopping layouts! These are all absolutely beautiful. I love your silhoutte skills...the diecuts provide the perfect added touch to each layout. I love that snowflake, and those bottles are way cute. Because of you, I must breakdown and buy the antiquarian kit. I have such a weakness for vintage ephemera. TFS your talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gigantic snowflake grabbed my eye right off the bat. Love how you used varying pattern papers and the collage of photos on the opposite page. Nice balance. Seriously, each layout, if placed without your name, screams your name. You're creatively unique and that is an awesome thing.

    And I love your new blog banner. It has a feel of autumn - the colors and the tagline of "attitude of gratitude". Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow briana thanks for the heads up about scrapfest. i am jumping up and down right now! so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your projects are just unbelievable briana! LOVE your new header, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your style of scrap-booking, Briana, and the JBS designs too. I just haven't cut into my kits yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete