Sunday, December 4, 2011

Time for December Daily!

 
 

Here's the start! The cover is not yet designed. I just know that ribbon will probably reside there at this point. Right now the cover is just painted solid white. I had plans to do some fabric on the outside but I'm loving all the white so the plan might change. I'm using a 6 x 6 album.



I love day 2. I'm not sure I'll be able to top that one. I love that day, the photos, the way they fit into the day, the JBS goodies and diagonal striped paper. That one makes me happy! I like number one too, that was my daughter's Christmas program and she looked so adorable. Her dress had sheer, layered flowers at the bottom and then one of the side with a bow. I curled her hair. It was sweet. I took a regular 6 x 6 page protector and sewed dividers for the sequins and goodies. One of the other things I like so far is the vintage doilies, the green metallic and the Poinsettia.I also sewed ribbon down the sides of some of the pages for texture.

I'm doing so much better with this than I thought I would. I think it's because I have gotten sooooo much faster than I used to be like back in 2008 when I first attempted this. I've been looking forward to each night being able to work on it. My scrapbook room is a red and green explosion nightmare but that's okay :) I didn't photograph a few of the really basic pages and I still need a few numbers but I'me happy with the start.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    It's good to hear that you are finding it easier.
    I tried in 2008, too and it turned into a plain Christmas mini.
    But I would like to try again maybe next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DD is amazing! I am loving each of your pages...they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, no, great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, great start. Your book looks beautiful. I love the white and the stripped ribbon on the outer cover too. So clean and fresh looking. Great job that makes me wish I had decided to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome, love every page & detail!!

    ReplyDelete