Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The February JBS Mercantile kits are live!


This is a fun kit, girls! I would say there's a lot of variation to this month's kits. The main kit has gorgeous blues, dusty blue and aqua, deep green and bright green, and lots of cute patterned neutrals. Here I used the main kit on kraft for a cute boy page. There are two amazing vintage circle die cuts - love those - and plan to use those for a page for the gallery update - I can't not use those! This layout was based on a quilt, one of my fave techniques if you could say that. I also made this for our main kit + punches challenge. I have an extra large square punch then cut them on the diagonal to create the triangles. (I just had to include that top photo, think it's pretty on that rust tole tray : ) )


I used two drafting triangles to get all the triangles lined up perfectly. I have a wooden shelf with a little decorative lip/ledge that belongs in my cabinet but never got put back after painting. I use that to set in bed and scrap or carry around the house. Anyhow, that little ledge acts as a guide/base for my drafting triangle. It's kind of like having a drafting table only the slider doesn't move. But it helps keep stuff lined up. I'm not always obsessed with perfectly straight but when I want it that way, this is the way I do it :) With a quilt pattern you really kind of want it lined up pretty well in my opinion unless it's kind of an organic or crazy pattern.


The next layout I did was for our sketch article for the Gazette so I won't say much more (cause I want you to download the Gazette at mid month - he he!) but that this is based on Leah Farquharson's layout "Family Reporter," from last month. It was great inspo cause I do adore this page! This was made mostly with the mini album kit. I heart that pink and yellow floral paper!


Finally this is the project I made with the mini album kit, Picture Windows, designed by Doris Sander. You can create a mini album in it like Doris did or make a shadow box like I did - or like Diane Payne did - our guest designer for February - and she made a hanger to put hers in her office! I'm so excited to have Diane, who I've known for a while and admire her work, as our guest! And I wanted to also mention last month we had a new friend to me and the girls at JBS, Julie Weiss. Both ladies have created fabulous things for us! Back to the project, Doris made a mini in the larger opening but then she also made three little minis in the small boxes! What a fun idea! Like I said, I think it's a really versatile month in terms of colors and kinds of projects.


I haven't had a chance to make something with Antiquarian yet but I'm getting started now! This is an incredible Antiquarian! LOVE it. There's a heavy chipboard bingo card and millinery flowers! And I'm kinda giddy about what I have going right now.


There's also the Artisan kit with bright pops of color and lots of fun themed embellishments. There are Ormolu fabric tags in there!

The remaining Mercantile 2011 Exclusive stamps and stencils are on sale right now! Run! LOL, they are limited!

8 comments:

  1. Amazing projects, Briana!
    I am in awe of that first one with the triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, briana, once again you knocked it out of the park! you my friend are so so talented. i'm still thinking about the LO you did using the jester punch for jenni's booth at cha.
    thanks so much for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are beautiful, Briana! Thanks so much for inviting me to join you this month, I had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I already posted a comment about your first project on the JBS blog, but it's so awesome. Love the row of photos, journaling and how the colors match to perfection. And oh the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic projects! Love, love, love the shadow box from the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always know that when I need a day brightener I can come to your blog and I will start smiling and get lost for a while in beautiful. You did such a fabulous job with this months kit. Well, you definitely have a botanist on your hands. The layout is excellent. I love the quilt inspiration. The story is adorable! I've been meaning to tell you that I love how you add your journaling to a layout. I love that it is incorporated throughout the whole layout rather than just in a box. It makes me linger over everything slowly. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Briana, gorgeous, gorgeous projects as always. You are *so* talented, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your work on the quilt LO is amazing!! I also love the shadow box-type LO too!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete