Friday, February 10, 2012

Vintage Bingo Card with Paper Rosette for JBS Mercantile


I made this using primarily the February JBS Mercantile Antiquarian Kit. What a great kit - and I sincerely mean that! You get this nice sized vintage bingo card, heavy and sturdy, with sliders over the numbers. Also from the kit is the white ribbon with red numbers, and the vintage tomato abel. The seam binding is from my stash but you get green seam binding in the main kit, yellow seam binding in the mini album kit, and aqua seam binding in the Artisan kit. The rest of the stuff is from the main kit except the red paper strip, from Artisan.

Doesn't it look so cute hanging on my old, chippy dress form? 


I cut the label in half length wise. Then I used Martha Stewart fringe scissors all the way down my strips. I punched a cardstock cirlce and glued down the fringe as I folded it around the circle. I hot glued the shamrock milk cap from the main kit into the center of my rosette. I cut my seam binding pretty long, several strips of about 12", 18", 24" and held them all together and tied the center in a knot. I held the knot where the ribbon was going vertical out the top and bottom of the knot and hot glued it to the bingo card then glued the rosette to that. I took my scissors and trimmed up the seam binding a little more to accentuate the different layers.


The little metal clips that I used to attach the ribbon hanger to the bingo card are from Close To My Heart and are currently available. I would not be surprised if you could find something similar anywhere that sold picture hanging kits.


Here I've just displayed it hanging down from two antique corbels.



 Hope you like it!

6 comments:

  1. That is so cool!
    Love all the pretty trim hanging down!! :)
    And yes, I absolutely love it hanging on the dress form.
    What a great place to photograph projects on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I am always collection bingo cards, and never know exactly how I want to alter them. I love the way you made the medallion with ribbon under the photo. And those CTMH hinges, I have those! I definitely will be giving this a try! TFS the details. Now off to buy the Antiquarian Kit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular! Love the rosette, the gobs of ribbon are perfect. The dress form is a perfect prop for projects, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Great job as usual! I love that photo of Z. Perfect fit for the Bingo card.

    ReplyDelete