Friday, March 2, 2012

JBS Mercantile March Revealed!




The JBS Mercantile Kits went on sale yesterday to members. They went on sale today to non members. And wow!!!! - the main and Artisan have already sold out! The mini  kit is still available in limited quantities and that's the kit I used to make the above layout. Our mini kit this month, Handmade Memories, was designed by Betsy Sammarco. Betsy has included lots of JBS tags and pockets combined with primary colored papers. The completed mini book tucks into a mini JBS cigar box. Check out the gallery to see how Betsy and Ranjini created their mini albums. The large red numbers on my layout were cut with my Silhouette.



My second layout was created using the main kit and the mini album kit. The background paper and the golden ribbon are from the mini kit. This is a page about how when I was little I used to ride the tractor with my grandpa all the time. I would sit in his lap and "drive" and then I would sleep in the back of the cab behind the seat. If you've been in a tractor you know they're loud and bumpy but it always put me to sleep. I didn't have a photo of me and Grandpa in the tractor from my childhood but when I got this photo of my son and my grandpa together in the tractor I knew I could use it to tell my story.


Here's the last page I made (until gallery updates on the 10th) and I used the main kit only but I also used it for the Main Kit Plus Challenge and that was to use JBS buttons or buttons from your stash with the main kit. I had already punched the seal shapes out from the back side of this paper, the Flora paper, so that created a fun area to embellish on the Flora side. I knew it would make a cute button border. The large flower is a Silhouette cut and I used two large circle punches to punch out the vellum. This is a page about my grandma and what a special person she is.

Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration, Briana. These pages are so beautiful, fun, and filled with awesome journaling. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just as fabulous as I had imagined! I especially love the bold red numbers in the top one, and the way you typed the journaling directly onto the vintage ephemera. Beautiful work Briana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet photos in the top layout. (& the wash cloth matches the die cut numbers) Love the "Memories" title arrangement and the journaling. And the portrait of your and your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! I am so loving every single thing you create. JBS is super lucky to have you.
    I need to get a Silhouette, pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. briana, your work always amazes me!! love! did i say love? i meant absolutely love these pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving all your added Silhouette cuts to each of your layouts. The number cut on the first layout, while large, doesn't overtake the layout. How do you do that? It's a talent I don't have. I love how A's photos are still the focal point. On the memory layout I love the zig zaps and the added hand sewing. You certainly found the perfect truck paper for your topic. I love that when it happens. It's also such a cute photo of Z. I love how his face is framed by that big steering wheel. On your Keep layout I instantly was drawn to the line of punch outs and buttons on the bottom. That and cut out over the circle openings makes me want to run home and play with paper! As always, I love everything you have designed. When are we going to live next door from each, so I can run over and scrap with you whenever I wish? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! I just found your blog from a link at 2Peas, and I will definitely be coming back again for more! I love the delicate texture and layering in your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can say is WOW....loving your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Love, love, love your work! How did you do the word "memories?" Is that a font cut with your Silhouette? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracie, yes, I should have divulged that info - I didn't realize I left that out :) Yes, that is a Silhouette cut. Thank you so much for your very nice comment!

    ReplyDelete