Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Mercantile: Gallery Updates, Pages and Project Life







Yes, ma'am, I brung it for the second half (ha, so wrong, I know). I've got four new projects to share with you tonight! First up is my two pager! I don't do these often even though I like them - love getting all those large photos spread across a page and having room to play as well. I always wonder why I don't do two pagers more. So here I have 5 4x6 photos.   I wrote an article to go along with this one for the April JBS Mercantile Gazette so you might check that out if you are so inclined :) There will be lots more good stuff in that!

This is a page for my daughter about how her brother was so nice to her on her 4th birthday and how he helped her and was happy to take pictures with her and made sure to take the opportunity to act silly and teach her some funny faces. The photo of her looking at his tongue cracks me up. This was made with the main kit and Antiquarian. The main kit has sold out and there might be just a few of Antiquarian left. I'm very happy with this one.

Oh yes! And I must tell you that here I used the new JBS Butterfly cut from Silhouette! I also layered one of the cuts with the stamp. The butterfly cuts best at at least 4 1/2" tall - it needs to be a little bigger with the fine detail. And since I wanted to layer a smaller butterfly on there I chose to use the stamp for that. We also have digital JBS and you can size the butterfly how ever large or small you like and print it in whatever color you like and cut it out - just to give you another option on how to create with the butterfly. So you have three ways to use the butterfly: with the stamp, with Silhouette, and with digital - you have no excuse not to use it, now! Lol, I'm joking with you.


Next up: the 100 year old kid! This was made with the main kit and Artisan (Artisan is also sold out). 100 was cut with Silhouette. I cut apart the diagonal stripes paper and put it back together where the stripes ran together to make a chevron look. I like this one, it kind of simple . . a little. THe circle borders add a lot here, I think. I blogged this a few weeks back. This was what my son looked like when he dressed up for 100 Day at school.



So this is what my Project Life looks like (created with Artisan). This is my son's layout for March. I'm doing it by month rather than week so how ever much I feel like doing, I can do. I'll have this double page that is the opening for March then there's enough content for one more double page layout for March on the next two pages then I'll move into April. My daughter gets the same thing. So I'm not doing it by week which cuts down on the work to me but I am doing it for two different kids so that brings the work level back up again. His week focuses on him with little bits of the rest of us and and hers focuses on her, obviously, you get the idea. The title is cut with Silhouette and is Prophecy Script font. I typed it then offset it ever so slightly to get the word thick enough to cut well.


I like to mix Design A and Design D of Becky's PL page protectors. I take my photos in both landscape and portrait and I don't want the protectors dictating to me which photos I can and can't use so I prefer a mix of those two designs.  And I think it looks great like this. Two of my portrait 4 x 6's were split in half. I think the second one is pretty cool (detail shot below). The A sticker is on the outside of the protector. I like to use both border and non border pictures mixed on the same pages. I've also mixed typewriter journaling and hand written journaling. I really want the Project Life to focus on photos and stories and the embellishment to take a back seat. I like the photos to take up their entire pocket. And the typewriter journaling is the perfect way to tell a longer story in a smaller space.


I knew as soon as I got the Artisan add on kit that I wanted to use it for March Project Life because of the American Crafts journaling cards. They are sized perfectly.



My grandparents happened to come the day we got the new play set. My grandpa is 77 and has diabetes and it's getting very difficult for him to get around. But he and my grandma got down in the play set and sat on the little picnic table and let the kids pretend to serve them through the lemonade window. Pa said he was afraid he might not be able to get out and got a good laugh out of that (so funny when he gets to laughing and can't stop then I laugh and can't stop and we go on and on). We ordered take out and I brought it out to them and they ate there on that little picnic table with the kids. When it was time to get up, poor old Pa really and truly got stuck and it freaked him out a little and he froze kind of and wouldn't let loose and fall back into Adam's arms. I have no idea why that story stays with me so. I guess it just reminds me how much they love my kids that they come all the way up here then get down into the playhouse and then it hits home how old they are getting and how their health, while not getting bad, they just aren't capable of doing what they wish they could do and what I wish they were able to still do. And it reminds me all the time to cherish my times with them. They are wonderful people. I've told you before that they raised me.


Geez, you're still here, I haven't ran you off yet with my rambling? Well, thanks for hanging in there, lol. Last share. This is a page about how my son is starting to mature and make good choices more often than not. He has received green on his behavior chart 11 days in a row (kindergarten). And she's being more picky about the greens toward the end of the year. I left the tag paper pretty much in tact and just journaled and embellished on it was it was. I love the color scheme here. I love the transparency on navy and I love the bold pattern mixage. And I swear I did not dress my son to match my pillow!


And I thought what I did with the star was pretty cute. Now, I'm sure I did not invent that, lol, no way, but I haven't seen it done recently and I just thought it was a cute detail. I just cut a strip of paper and folded it into a star, simple as that. Little yellow tag from Staples. Little star is a vintage stamp from my stash. And now I'm tired of hearing myself talk! So see ya nex time! (will spell check this puppy tomorrow!)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Brianna, Love your rambling--keep it up! :-) You have such innovative ideas; I know I'm always going to see something that inspires me.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. i love your ramblings too. that bit abt your grandparents is so sweet. i feel the same way abt my parents. and the green tag with the folded star is my favorite. i thought that was so clever when i saw it and i enjoyed reading that the green of the tag meant something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your projects!
    And it really is a great two pager :)
    I have never owned a die cut machine, but I am really thinking about getting a Silhouette. Love those giant butterflies! :)

    So nice that you were able to visit with your grandparents. I no longer have any living grandparents, but I always make sure my children get plenty of time with theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I must go purchase a silhouette just from staring at that butterfly! Talk about amazing details! I love that 2 pager, and of course the others too. Looking at your projects each month makes me want to go and purchase every jenni bowlin kit available! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects. Especially love the design, colors and details on the last page. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous.
    I love your project life especially!
    x

    ReplyDelete