Friday, May 25, 2012

JBS Mercantile: 1 Sneaky June Layout & May Layouts

Today is the 25th so that means I can share a June JBS layout with you! Ladies, I have to tell you, well, let me start out by saying I've loved my Jenni kits for three years now. I've never got one I did not like. And many, many times I've received ones that just made me giddy. Remember the November 2011 kit with Jenni's Red/Black Extension 4 paper and the Antiquarian that had all those large silver foil leaves?? I still get a mental smile thinking of that one. I think that one is my all time fave. But . . . I think June is now tied with Nov. '11 in my JBS kit love rankings. I LOVE this kit and if it were not true I would not say that just because I am on the team! Seriously. But this kit, it's perfect. It's got red, white, blue, cream, kraft, navy, patterned neutrals, it's just perfect. I can't wait to share the rest with you at midnight central time on May 31st for the reveal.  So as you can see, this is my version of our American Flag with the June kits! I've used the main kit and Antiquarian and the pleated strip is from Artisan. The words "Stars" and "Stripes" are from a Silhouette cut. So far I've used those wooden Studio Calico stars on three layouts! And as you can see, there is brand new Jenni product in this kit from her new collection, Wren!

I also wanted to share my JBS Mercantile May 2012 layout with you now. I was gone to Disney World during reveal and I didn't get a blog post set up ahead of time. This one was shared on the JBS blog and the home page so you've probably already seen this one.  But this one makes me happy! I love the picture and I love the exclusive stamp and all the pastel embossing powders.



Finally this last layout is one I made for our main kit plus challenge which was to use sequins for your main kit. But I think I ended up adding stuff that wasn't for the main kit so I didn't really turn this in for the challenge, lol! I used a transparency and cut it into circles with the help of a circle punch (that didn't cut all the way through). I sewed most of the circle closed then poured in the sequins then sewed it closed. This is a little of this and a little of that about me right now. The journaling is under the photo. The cuts are Ali Edwards' digital files.

One last thing:
We're playing Rubix Cube at the Mercantile! The idea is to use a grid for the basis of your design and one JBS or Mercantile stamp. You can enter to win more than once but each entry must be a different size or configuration of grid. A $25.00 gift card will be awarded! The game ends on the night of June 3rd. Everyone loves a grid, come on and play! Isn't this the cutest icon that Betsy made!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great pages. Absolutely love the last layout with a pic of you. Great layers. How clever to add onto the doily circles. Have Got to try that!

    ReplyDelete