Sunday, June 10, 2012

"Great & Grand" Circle Grid Layout



I shared this about a week ago on the Mercantile Blog but I wanted to share it on my blog too! I made this using the JBS Mercantile Exclusive Medallion Stamp, which is one of my very favorite JBS stamps. It can be cut apart to make a circle border or to cut the central flower out and it's just the perfect size, measuring three inches in diameter. On the layout I'm sharing with you today, I stamped it on top of small, pastel doilies. It goes perfectly with doilies I must say! I love it! I think part of it is the texture pattern inside the stamp works so well with the texture on the border of the doily. 


I used a 3 1/2" circle punch on several patterns of JBS Magpie Collection paper and arranged them in a grid with the stamped doilies. I added my photos then layered smaller circles of stickers, metal rimmed tags, and circle and seal punches.


I used photos I had on hand, already printed, so I tried to make them work into the grid sized as they were. I let the larger photo (4x6) take up almost two circles and centered the two smaller photos (4x3, 2 1/8 x 2 7/8) on a single circle. I like that with everything being the same in terms of the circles that I've got the variation in photo sizes - worked out well I think. Finally I typed my journaling on the computer in landscape, printed it out, and ran it down the length of the sides of the pages.


This is an easy design, simple to re-create (use your die cutting machine for the circles if you don't have a super giga circle punch), and oh so much fun to embellish all those circles! 

Supplies (linked, will highlight when rolled over):
Hodge Podge Stickers: PlayfulSouvenir
Magpie Paper Collection: CollectComplieGatherNestStashMini Pattern Sheet
Wren Paper Collection (available very soon!): Wheatgrass, Lace Curtain
Shadow Alpha Stickers: Orange/BlackVintage/Black
Other: pastel metal rimmed tags from Staples, pastel doilies
Pink polka dot vellum from the March JBS Mercantile Kit

3 comments:

  1. I SO love this layout, Briana. The artistry is brilliant, but the photos steal my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous and such a great design!

    ReplyDelete