Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mercantile July Sneak Layout!

Hello Scrappers! This is the page I made with the main kit only for July JBS Mercantile - since it's past the 25th, I get to share this one sneaky layout with you. And I must say, I do like this one a lot, a very lot :) You guessed it - I used my Silhouette to high heavens here. I took a rose cut and made it three sizes then rotated them to allow them to frame the page. That left me with a wide space in the middle and I decided to embrace the central design and go with a strip of the label paper right down the center. 

The main kit challenge this time is to use any kind of fasteners with your kit - functional as well as just to add for the sake of design. I used staples all the way down my label strip just to add a little something  fun there. I also spaced sets of two orange brads down the page. I originally had burnished silver brads and decided the tone on tone look was subtle and would work a little better with this page.

I placed white folded banners under each photo to ground them on the page. The banners hold the photos and connect them to the central label strip. I typed journaling strips, cut them into small banners, and layered them over the larger banners. Here you can see part of the exclusive July stamps! I stamped it directly onto the ribbon. 

Thanks for coming by. Reveal is Sat. night at midnight central time as the day rolls into the 1st of July! 


7 comments:

  1. I so love what you did with the silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Briana! Your silhouettiin' skills are amazing! Love the roses, with the background paper shining through. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What FABULOUS LO!!!! Love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! Absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete