Friday, June 22, 2012

Messy Grid Page and JBS Online Crop!


This is the last page I have to share from my June gallery at JBS Mercantile. I also made this for a grid challenge we had going as well as using stencils. (Great news, the exclusive JBS Mercantile stencils are back with the July kit!). I used a stencil from a past kit that had three designs on it in a 6 x 6 - it had honeycombs, dots, and stars (from the December kit). You can see where I used the entire stencil, how I used the inside to make the pattern and let my mist fall along the edge of the stencil to create a cream colored box around the main stencil design area, kind of creating a square of rectangles. So for my grid I have two squares (with rectangles inside) and then two long rectangles on the left.


I freehand cut these chevron shapes, the larger ones out of the Wren (Jenni's newest line) label paper and the smaller ones out of the mini pattern sheet from Wren as well. I stacked the small chevrons on white cardstock for just a tiny bit of extra dimension. I did some serious mist work on the doily background paper (Wren, again) with white mist and then splattered watered down acrylic paint in blue and splattered mist in aqua and red.


I really, really like the pleated paper from the kit. I cut a strip in half so I'd have more to layer. I watercolored and misted mine to make it shades of cranberry, red, and pink. The title is an Ali Edwards digital file that I cut with Silhouette.

AND . . . We're cropping this weekend at JBS Mercantile!!! Yes!


We've been sharing a few of the above mentioned guest designer's challenges on the blog this past few days. The JBS team will be listing their challenges throughout the day on the message board. We're going to be chatting tonight at 8 pm central if you can make it!

AND!!!!!! We will be choosing one grand prize winner from the crop to be an upcoming guest designer for JBS Mercantile!!! That part makes me so happy as that's how I got my foot in the door at JBS! I won the crop last April and was later invited to the team! So all I can say is that it's a wonderful opportunity!

My challenge is the opposite of Celeste's - which is to create a page where at least half the page is blank - the lower half. But my challenge is to create a page out of an entire photo or make sure the photo or photos take up at least half of the page. Here's two examples from me:



Thanks for coming by - I'm working on pages for the July kit - I had to start with Antiquarian - LOVE! And I hope to see you some time this weekend during the crop!

3 comments:

  1. This page is amazing! So artsy, fun and creative! LOVE! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Briana! So kind of you to visit my blog. I saw Jenny Bowlin today! (Chantilly GASC) I recognized the Kodochrome Slide mount in your layout. Love the red, white and blue theme. Also the layout "Lead the Way" with the picture run big! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page!! And I absolutely adore your enlarged photos. I even have that one with the row of tags pinned on interest :)

    ReplyDelete