Monday, July 23, 2012

Scrapbook Monday

Heee, no I'm joking, that's the only funny title I could think of :) You're probably thinking that isn't even funny. But it's my lead into this layout - this is a page made with the current JBS Mercantile kit for July. It's a mixture of the main kit and the Antiquarian kit. The photos were printed together on 12 x 12 matte scrapbook paper from Amazon on my large format Epson printer. Obviously you would not have to have a large format printer for these picture sizes but since I wanted them to be the exact height and span perfectly the entire page and they are two different widths, sizing them in photoshop and printing them on the large format was the easiest for me. The title is cut with Silhouette and is Carolyna Pro font (which I offset once I had welded it to make the small connecting lines of the cursive wide enough to cut well. Once the minimal offset was done I deleted the original phrase, leaving the thickened outline to be cut).

The story here is about how Adam's mom got Ava a little pretend wedding dress for her 4th b-day (really a flower girl's dress but Ava understands it to be a little wedding dress). Ava had seen my dress hanging in the closet at my grandma's house when she would go down there to play for a while. She was really mesmerized by the dress and wanted to touch it and look and it and even asked to try it on one day and of course grandma let her. She talked to her dad, to me, to her Grandee, anyone who she came into contact with, she told them about my wedding dress. When she told me about my dress, she said, "It was the happiest day of your life," and she told me, not asked me, lol. So her Grandee got her one. And as soon as she tried it one she wanted to play getting married. That's the second photo, the one of her and her dad. She had the biggest smile on her face at that moment.

So here's my sweet darlin' on her 4th b-day, her real b-day, not the day of her party which was the layout above. For this layout I used Artisan (sold out) and Antiquarian. The rose label and the cool vintage type paper are from Antiquarian and they are both color copies from my HP printer so that I could use them over and over (and you will see me doing that lots from now on with Antiquarian)(I used the HP for everyday printing, journaling, copies - and the Epson is for photos - I prefer Epson). The lace digital brush along the side is by Hero Arts, I believe. The birthday brush is by Katie Pertiet and the word Fourth is from Ali Edwards. The March oval brush is from JBS Digital. I painted the butterflies white and light peach. This photo was an 8.5 by 11 trimmed down to 7 by 11.



So happy scrappy Monday :) I hope you can carve out some time today to get your scrap on, lol.

5 comments:

  1. Always gorgeous! Loved that "Someday" page. Super cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briana - these are 2 of my favorite layouts of yours! soo love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Beautiful layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these new layouts. Love the way you capture the essence of the moment on your page, with a real focus on the photos.
    And thanks for taking us through some of your process. I love knowing the insight into how people create. Inspiring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 4th birthday with the large photo.

    ReplyDelete