Monday, August 13, 2012

Definitely Vintage Inspired Layout

Hey girls. Today I've got another page I made with the August Mercantile Kits - Artisan with a few bits from Antiquarian. The first thing I did getting started with this page was to cut out the calligraphy/music sheet type paper from 7 Gypsies and straighten and center it on a very light taupe sheet of cardstock. I wanted to keep the same feeling of that 7 Gypsies paper and I thought about what kinds of Silhouette cuts I could combine with it - and how was I going to do it without covering up the background paper so I thought a fancy border would be perfect.

I always love it how Jenni uses that German foil in her kits. It's always delicate and shiny, and so vintage-esque, I always feel like it's the perfect piece of jewelry for my kit! :) Here I cut the foil in half then layer the ends under my photo for a touch of simple elegance. So I added the pink border punch for just a touch of color and finally the little yellow hearts from Antiquarian were perfect! Perfect color for my photo and the perfect size to another simple embellishment. 



Thanks for stopping by today!

Here's the picture from the layout - I wanted to share it here for me to enjoy :) This was at the Princess Tea Party at Disney World. She had a good time. She liked pouring her own little teapot and meeting Princess Aurora.

9 comments:

  1. what a GORGEOUS cut and layout--totally eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briana - this is so pretty!
    And a great photo of the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Briana! I am so in love with this layout! The frame you created adds the most elegant feel, and those little yellow hearts tie in perfectly with your daughter's princess dress. This layout is truly stellar, such a beautiful way to capture such a beautiful lifetime memory of you and your precious daughter. Thank you so much for inspiring me this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Giliane comment is me, Anilu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous! love the die cut framework, and that photo of you and A is so cute... 2 beautiful ladies!! <3

    ReplyDelete