Wednesday, August 1, 2012

JBS Mercantile August Revealed!


JBS Mercantile kits are up for sale! Subscribers can purchase today and non subscribers can purchase starting tomorrow. Both of these layouts were made with the Main Kit + Artisan. I added the aqua bow from last month's mini album kit. The peach flowers are a Silhouette cut. The title is printed from my computer mixed with the JBS circle alphas from the main kit. The mother of pearl buttons are from my stash. I cut the top of the yellow paper off leaving the paper "Indie Chic" label strip along the bottom because I thought it went well with my photos. This is Ava eating a peach wearing a pirate bandana. We get really excited about peach season at this house :)


This started out with the collage in the lower left and I built out from there. This photo of me was taken at the Brimfield Antique Market so I told the story about how much I love old stuff and how it's also about the old stories - talking about my fave reads - historical fiction.  I'm really head over heels for both right now so pulling from the "Me" paper (cut from the Basic Grey paper pad from Artisan) I just told that story about what I'm thinking about right now.

The subtitle was typed in Silhouette, cut, and then I used it as a stencil with acrylic paint, dabbing it on lightly with a foam brush. The top fancy scallop is also cut with Silhouette.


Head on over and check out the kits and the gallery!

PS - how do you like my new header? I made that from an old billhead (collecting those right now too).  I'm always so surprised at myself when I'm able to accomplish something like that, lol! I think I like my old one a little better but it's fun to change it up from time to time and it was fun making this one. I scanned it and then removed the central wording and put my own in. I selected the outer border of the column and filled it in with pure white to appear seamless with my white blog body. 

4 comments:

  1. Great layouts, Briana!
    I love the title of your second layout because I can relate.
    Love the new blog header :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts are spectacular! Every time I see your work, that Silhouette goes to the top of my "have to have" list! Love the intricate designs in those flowers and the scallop! Very clever how you kept the label at the bottom of the "indie chic". Very nice added touch! Thanks for sharing such beauty!

    PS, I saw 2 of your projects in Northridge mag yesterday. They are 2 of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, Briana, these are amazing. And that subtitle is about the best thing I've seen all month. OK, so now I realise it's only the 2nd... it's the best thing I've seen in ages :)

    ReplyDelete