Friday, September 28, 2012

Making Memories Card Set Featuring Sarah Jane & Stkr.it

I was so surprised and excited to be asked to join the Making Memories design team! I am totally loving their new stuff! It's wonderful seeing them make a come back! The new lines are Sarah Jane (which has a boy line included), Modern Millinery, and their Christmas line, Believe. Here's a great link from Scrapbook.com showing a video of the new Modern Millinery goodies at CHA this summer (which kinda makes me drool, seriously love this stuff - fabric-esque paper, vintage millinery types of flowers, great FLORAL paper (my all time fave, I consider myself a connoisseur of fine floral paper), great trim, stickers, die cuts, and gorgeous buttons! Oh and the black and cream fabric flowers, mmmhmm, very nice). Sarah Jane is the line I'm sharing with you on my cards today.

Okay, now on to the cards :) I made this set of three cards primarily to share with you a new product called Stkr.it. It's a QR code sticker designed to be used with your craft projects and cards! I've been seeing these little labels and stickers all over products everywhere and I knew you could use your phone to scan the code and it would take you somewhere online to get more info about the product you were scanning. I thought it was pretty cool when I saw it on the flower pots at Lowe's this summer to get more info about the plants. Well, Making Memories is now offering that same idea but now the QR code will take you to your very own spot on the internet to share all kinds of things with your friends and family and they can either scan the code with their phone or just go to the website and type in the letter code found on the sticker and it takes them straight to the content you have loaded. Pretty cool, huh?

I made this card planning to give it to my daughter on her 5th birthday. Right now I've linked a photo of her on my code but the cool thing is, if you change your mind, you can go back and change it! I'm thinking it might be fun to use a video of us singing Happy Birthday to her. I used the Stkr.it on a little white tag inside a sewn pocket using a Making Memories Sarah Jane label sticker.

Here's some more information from the Making Memories Blog. You should be able to find Stkr.it on the shelves of your local Joann's by mid October.


The white flowers in this card were cut with Silhouette. There are die cuts from Making Memories on here: polka dot circles, two large flower die cuts, and the little girls circle. I made the other circles with punches and the tiny flowers were made with a punch as well.


And this card was also cut with Silhouette. It's very simple - I really like this one. I used a few pieces of Sarah Jane 6 x 6 paper and finished it with a die cut.

Danielle has already shared some really cool ideas using Stkr.it on the Making Memories Blog this week. She's shared a party invitation with the girl's playlist on the Stkr.it and a "We Have Moved" card with a house tour on the Stkr.it! Click on over and check it out!

iPhone App Stkr.it Link

5 comments:

  1. Briana! A big congrats to you! What gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a design, I like this design very creative and in depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Briana! I wish I was more with it and could've congratulated you as soon as you announced the news. You will make an awesome addition to their team. You've probed it already in your projects within this posting. Gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete