Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mercantile: Large Photo & Circles Layout

Another Mercantile layout. The main kit challenge this month is to use your kit to scrap the seasons. I chose winter. The bright colors mixed with navy reminds me a lot of kid's stuff during December. My tree is decorated in old ornaments and kid ornaments and it's very colorful - the multi color circle paper also reminds be of Christmas ball ornaments. So anyhow - this is a layout showing my son on his Christmas present in 2007. We had been remodeling that year so we spent lots of time a Lowes and he always had to sit on the lawnmower tractors. It's was out little tradition. So when we saw this kid version we knew it would be the perfect gift. 

The three large circle scallops were left over from punching the circles on the layout I shared with you the other day - so this is the negative piece. The orange vintage inspired exclusive stamp was used to make frames. It's the perfect size to house the Boston Store tag and to add a bit of color to the upper right of this page. 

The December Joys banner is a digital file from Ali Edwards.

I typed the journaling in Mac Pages - I inserted a large text box and manipulated the margins of that text box so that the writing would have a large green area all the way around it so I would be able to cut it down to whatever size I needed because I wanted white writing on a green background with a banner tail on the bottom (long sentence :) )

It's hard to see, but I broke out the blue staples. I cut a strip from the ric rac paper and it ended up resembling a chevron - kinda like that.

See ya later!

4 comments:

  1. Love this page!! So fun that you chose winter, I think it goes fabulous with your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN page really like the half circle cut outs-just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pretty colors of this page and that giant photo! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combo of bright bold patterns!

    ReplyDelete