Monday, October 1, 2012

JBS Mercantile October Reveal - Woodgrain Chevrons!

Hey girls! Today is October 1st so that means we've got new kits up for sale at JBS Mercantile! Subscribers get to purchase add ons today and non-subscribers are allowed to purchase starting on the 2nd. NEW MERCANTILE CUTS FOR PURCHASE!! Today and tomorrow they are 25 percent off!

This page, I love. I used my exacto knife to cut out random pieces from the chevron woodgrain paper. Since the chevron pattern is so small, I didn't want to take the time to try and line the back of each cut out so I just ran strips of paper down each row - plus I think it makes more of an impact on the cut outs vs. if they were all different and mixed up. Having rows of the same color/pattern makes the design cut out more visible and s"stronger" I think.
Here's a look at what the page looked like before the top layer went on. The only tricky part of this is getting the sticky behind the strips and getting the strips placed just so while holding the top layer in place so that you get these base strips placed just so. 
Here's a shot of the top page before I glued it onto the base piece. You can see the cut out random-ness here a little better here just to give you an idea in case this is something you want to try. Or this gives you an idea of how it would look just to experiment with solid colors behind the cut outs.

So then I had this fab idea to run the ticket strips down some of the rows and tuck them behind some of the cut outs. Man, I felt smart, lol. It's like giving it another layer of interest and I love how it made the ends of the ticket strips into angled ends. I typed a small bit of journaling on my photos in Photoshop before I printed them so all I had left was a title - that part is pretty self explanatory :) 


5 comments:

  1. LOVE what you did with the chevron paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your Fab idea! I really like how you ran those tags back behind the main sheet--AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing and you are a GENIUS for figuring out that base sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! so awesome! Love everything you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea to run the strips of paper down. The pop of color it gives is very eye catching. I love the addition of the tickets. Perfect for the theme of the layout!

    ReplyDelete