Friday, February 1, 2013

Mercantile & My Project Life




JBS Mercantile Kits are up and ready to go! The first project I'd like to share with you is how I used the kit to work on my Project Life. I think I told you last time that I would be doing this year and last year *this year* :) Well, this one goes back to 2011. I had printed the giant photo months ago just to scrap and then it got lost in a stack of cardstock. I happened to find it about three nights ago and realized how great it would look with the February kits. So I got busy. I love embellishing a full 12x12 photo page. I cut two paper strips for the top, added a copy of the vintage label, some paper bits, and sprinkled a few little flowers. The hear and star stamps are from the main kit and they can go in that awesome jar stamp you see here. So the right side is a regular layout and the left side is a Becky Higgins Design G on the left. With Design G you have two horizontal 4x6 and two vertical 4x6 as well as two vertical 3x4. So the middle photo is actually two 3x4s printed onto one sheet of 4x6 so I could get more small vertical spaces. 


Here's a detail shot I love. The "Go Out and Play," cut is actually a digital file from Ali Edwards that I traced and cut in Silhouette.  Love how you can see the photo behind, def. not a new concept, but one that makes me just as happy as if it were. "Shine On," is also an Ali file. "Remember This" is not from the kit but is a JBS item and I trimmed the top and bottom off of the banner shaped sticker so it would fit and it resulted in a chevron look on each end that I really like. The little star tab was trimmed from Jenni's new fortune cards which can be found in the main kit. 



Here's the "just for fun" pockets, as I think of it. It was pretty easy layering Jenni's album card over the patterned paper chevron card I cut from Lisa Dickinson's new Modern Mercantile line for Jenni Bowlin Studio. Oh did I have a great time working with those papers! The right side is Lisa's striped paper but I turned the paper on an angle to cut my card so I would a diagonal stripe and not a straight stripe in my pocket. And now for the stamp. Oh my heavens. I love the Mason Jar stamp to the max (our exclusive Feb. stamp in the main kit). I stamped it in JBS Brown Sugar Ink, typed the when part of my story with a typewriter, and finished it off with one green foil flower from the Antiquarian Kit.

I've got another Project Life spread to share and then another one almost done (made with Mercantile Kits, I mean). I'm just about done with December that I did a lot with the Seafoam Edition (which would mix so well with this kit, the aqua and yellow) and I can't wait to share that one. My December stuff for Zane is already like 9 pages - it was a super full month. So I'll see ya soon.

6 comments:

  1. I love your PL layouts! This one's a beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice--you've inspired me to do a 2 page layout again! Great photos and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soo loved this PL layout when i first saw it! it's got such great design and type!

    ReplyDelete